POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU : Re: WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU
From: Rick
Date: 17 May 1999 11:10:15
Message: <37402347.0@news.povray.org>
I have had a look at the kryotech stuff, and there -40 is very mipressive,
but is only avaiable if you buy a whole ready mady system.

they do sell an empty case, but it only cools to roomtemp, and in quite a
few tests, has not proved anymore effective than sticking the biggest fan
you can find in.

Pelters are nice, but as someone pointed out have a habit of cooling your
CPU at the expense of heating ecerything else.

I am looking at building an external cooling unit and pumping antifreze
around the system, I have a few ideas, and hope to get the cpu temp to a few
deg C below 0.

there is a problem with condensation forming inside the case, but i think
this can be overcome with good insulation, pet. jelly, and silica Gel :)

as to why, why not, maybe i can get my cpu to OC an extra notch or 2, run it
24/7 with no fear of it turning into a blackened lump overnight with either
rendering, or running data from seti

Attached image from someone else's liquid coolded CPU project

Rick

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'h1.jpg' (22 KB)